Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day, 2010...Yesterday, I gleefully photographed a new Camaro parked over in Monterey and posted it on Facebook. Later, I read how awful the situation is with the BP oil spill off the coast of Louisiana. (Spill? Is it a spill when it's gushing out of the sea floor at hundreds of thousands of gallons a day?) Now this greasy monster stands a good chance of swimming around Florida and then riding the Gulf Stream clear up the eastern seaboard. So, contrition directed me to stuff the car pics for a while.

My question to you, dear reader, is this: Am I the only one who noticed the Deepwater Horizon oil platform, which exploded on April 20--Hitler's birthday--sank on Earth Day? That’s when it got ugly. "You want oil, I'll give you oil," said Mother Earth. Another thing: I haven't read anything about how the explosion happened, i.e. what caused it. I get suspicious when bad things happen on 4/20.

God, what a terrible mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment